RD7200, CAMTEK’S industry-specific range of underground pipe and cable locator equipment, contains advanced locating technologies. RD7200 Services Locator Kit – With 5 Watt TX-5 Transmitter & 100mm Signal Clamps.
The Inspection Camera Locator features:
- Peak – Displays the strongest response when directly above a cable. Depth and current measurements are also displayed. This mode is used for precise underground location and tends to be the familiar one to most operators.
- Peak+ – Works in the same way as peak mode but adds guidance or null modes and alternates between them and peak mode for finding the target line quickly, while checking for the presence of multiple buried services which may require extra vigilance.
- Guidance – Displays proportional guidance arrows and different audible tones to indicate if a buried utility is to the left or right of the user. Generally used for checking the direction of a utility, and useful in congested areas.
- Null – Arrows on the display and audible signals indicate the position of the cable relative to the user. Usually good for long distance locates in non-congested areas.
- ECert – The calibration of the locator can be verified over the internet using the RD Manager software program. This prevents having to return the unit for calibration. Once the process is completed, a calibration report can be saved to a PC or printed off from the comfort of your home or office.
The RD7200 also has a number of features designed to provide unparalleled accuracy, including:
*TruDepth – As depth readings are only given when the RD7200 is correctly oriented, the operator can be accurate in the result.
- StrikeAlert – Visual and audible warnings of shallow cables in both active and passive modes reduces the risk of accidents.
- Enhanced Self-Test – Signals are applied to both the locating circuitry, power and display functions for confirmation on site that all is working properly.
- Power Filters – When tracing a live cable through dense networks, conflicting signals can be a challenge. A single key press uses the harmonic properties of power signals to establish of the signal is from the target line or multiple sources.
- Dynamic Overload Protection – Filters out interference, enabling use of the RD7100 in electrically noisy environments, such as near overhead power lines or substations.
- Simultaneous Depth & Current Readout – Consistency of depth and current measurements give confidence that the correct cable or utility is being followed.
- 7 active frequencies, 4 sonde frequencies and 3 passive frequencies for greater versatility in the field, and the ability to precisely locate even more services
- Swing warning system to drive correct usage by keeping the locator perpendicular to the ground for greatest accuracy
- Vibration Feedback – The RD7200 handle vibrates when alerted to the presence of a buried service, reducing the chances of missed warnings and leaving the operator free to concentrate on the job, not the display.