CAMTEK’S industry-specific range of underground pipe and cable locator equipment contains advanced locating technologies.
The Inspection Camera Locator features:
- Peak – Displays the strongest response when directly above a cable. The depth and current measurements are also displayed. This mode is used for precise underground locations and tends to be the familiar one to most operators.
- Peak+ – Works in the same way as peak mode but adds guidance or null modes and alternates between them and peak mode for finding the target line quickly, while checking for the presence of multiple buried services which may require extra vigilance.
- Guidance – Displays proportional guidance arrows and different audible tones to indicate if a buried utility is to the left or right of the user. Generally used for checking the direction of a utility, and useful in congested areas.
- Null – Arrows on the display and audible signals indicate the position of the cable relative to the user. Usually good for long-distance locates in non-congested areas.
Our Unit has a number of features designed to provide unparalleled accuracy, including:
- StrikeAlert – Visual and audible warnings of shallow cables in both active and passive modes reduce the risk of accidents.
- Enhanced Self-Test – Signals are applied to both the locating circuitry, power, and display functions for confirmation on site that all is working properly.
- Power Filters – When tracing a live cable through dense networks, conflicting signals can be a challenge. A single keypress uses the harmonic properties of power signals to establish of the signal is from the target line or multiple sources.
- Dynamic Overload Protection – Filters out interference, enabling the use of the RD7100 in electrically noisy environments, such as near overhead power lines or substations.
- Simultaneous Depth & Current Readout – Consistency of depth and current measurements give confidence that the correct cable or utility is being followed.
- 7 active frequencies, 4 sonde frequencies, and 3 passive frequencies for greater versatility in the field, and the ability to precisely locate even more services
- Swing warning system to drive correct usage by keeping the locator perpendicular to the ground for the greatest accuracy.
Come in store for a demo today.